What does it take to be the BEST Guesthouse Manager/Owner?
It’s a cutthroat world out there. What sets the BEST apart from the rest? Consider this question: Why should people choose my guesthouse? We believe it has a lot to do with the way it is managed. You can have the perfect setting, but if the house is poorly managed, guests won’t return and they won’t recommend you either.
The best managers are masters of many skills
They are willing and able to stand in for any other employee should the need arise as they have training and experience that ranges from administration to cleaning and maintenance.
- The perfect guesthouse manager is:
- Friendly and accommodating towards guests
- Leads by example
- Isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty if need be
Do you think you have what it takes to own or manage a guesthouse?
On the positive side:
– Creating a homely environment
– Befriending guests who visit regularly
– Being self-employed
– Being complimented for your hospitality
On the negative side:
– Pressure during peak season
– Food management
– Long working hours with few breaks
– Dissatisfied and overly critical guests
– Able to work with different types of people
– Good communication skills
– Well organised
– Meal planning and cooking skills
– Able to work well under pressure
– Have knowledge of the area in which the guesthouse is situated
We welcome your feedback. Do you agree that the manager makes the guesthouse?